The skin is the largest organ in the human body, and it serves as the most external barrier that protects our system. That is why skin rashes can have many origins and be the symptoms of different things.
One of the most common causes of skin rashes are allergic reactions. These can take form in several different ways. All of which vary in the way that they are represented on the skin. Those are what we’re going to be differentiating today.
The American Academy of Allergy Asthma & Immunology (AAAAI) listed the most common allergic skin conditions.
Also known as Eczema, according to the Mayo Clinic, it is by far the most predominant skin problem in the world. It is more predominant in children than in adults. 1 in 5 infants suffers from it while only 1 in 50 adults have been diagnosed with it.
Specialists believe the inability to retain humidity in the skin makes it more vulnerable to irritation and inflammation caused by external agents, such as pollen.
Moreover, almost half of the severe atopic dermatitis cases have been linked to a faulty gene called filaggrin. So, there are not many people can do to prevent it.
Puriya Intensive Moisturizing Cream for Sensitive and Irritated Skin
- BEFORE AND AFTER RESULTS YOU HAVE TO SEE ~ With more than 300,000 satisfied customers, our effective, fast-acting face and body cream is strong enough to soothe irritated skin and gentle enough to be used as a daily moisturizer. With more than 4,300 5-star reviews, Mother of All Creams is an award-winning formula you can trust.
- CLINICALLY TESTED, DERMATOLOGIST REVIEWED ~ Alleviate occasional skin discomfort and itching caused by dryness from the elements with a highly moisturizing cream developed for sensitive skin. Use this face and body lotion on dry, cracked skin to strengthen the skin’s natural barrier against irritants and nature’s harsh elements.
- PLANT-RICH RASH CREAM ~ Mother of All Creams quickly absorbs to form a hydrating skin barrier that safeguards against the elements and irritating agents that cause rashes. This all-in-one daily moisturizing cream for sensitive skin is gentle enough for children above 5 and safe for long term use.
- INFUSED WITH BOTANICAL OILS TO SOFTEN AND RESTORE SKIN ~ Experience smooth, soft, and calm skin with 13 skin-nourishing ingredients from nature, including ancient skin care secrets such as honey, shea butter, and aloe vera. Rejuvenating amaranth and jojoba oil deeply penetrate to renew and revitalize dry, rough, irritated skin.
- LIGHTWEIGHT, NON-GREASY FACE AND BODY FORMULA ~ Dry skin is uncomfortable and itchy. This itch relief cream is a superior skin soothing lotion that penetrates and easily absorbs into the most stubborn places – hands, knees, elbows, and even scalp. Smooth it all over your body for instant, lasting relief and hydration without worrying about leaving an oily residue behind.
Allergic Contact Dermatitis
When most of us think of skin allergies, we think of allergic contact dermatitis. In this cases, touching an allergen, such as nickel, will trigger an immediate negative reaction in the form of rashes, itchiness or swollen skin.
Colloquially known as the hives, this condition is the result of the immune system releasing something called histamine.
The latter causes blood vessels to leak which, in turn, causes skin swelling. It is known that some foods, exercise, heat, medication, insect bites, infections, and other external elements can trigger the hives.
Some people suffer from the chronic version of this skin condition for months or even years. Even though it looks bad and it’s uncomfortable, it is not contagious.
This skin problem is similar to urticaria because it is also the result of deep layer skin inflammation. In fact, most of the times if you have one, chances are you have the other.
According to the AAAAI, a negative reaction to mediation and food is the main cause of acute angioedema. However, the chronic version of this disease usually doesn’t identifiable causes.
It is important not to mistake this with hereditary angioedema (HAE). The latter refers to a serious skin condition that causes inflammation in the face, hands, feet and other parts of the body. Regular treatment is usually ineffective, and those who suffer from it need the help of a specialist.
Skin rashes of this variety are subject to different types of medication. However, you should remember to avoid any mode of self-medication. In this case, it would be best to trust a medical professional to help you identify the roof of the problem.
- “The AAAAI Award for Outstanding Research Published in the JACI by a Developing Researcher.” Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, vol. 112, no. 2, 2003, doi:10.1016/s0091-6749(04)70042-1. [ Accessed June 1, 2018]
- “Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema).” Mayo Clinic, Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research, 6 Mar. 2018, www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/atopic-dermatitis-eczema/symptoms-causes/syc-20353273. [ Accessed June 1, 2018]
- “Contact Dermatitis.” Mayo Clinic, Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research, 6 Mar. 2018, www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/contact-dermatitis/symptoms-causes/syc-20352742. [ Accessed June 1, 2018]