Table of Contents
- 1 How to Prevent Cold and Flu Naturally
- 1.1 Havasu Nutrition Elderberry Gummies
- 1.2 Avoid Winter Colds
- 1.3 Fitness Tracker With Blood Pressure HR Monitor
- 1.4 Cold Remedy Medicated Fruit Drops
- 1.5 Activity Tracker Watch with Heart Rate Monitor
- 1.6 Men’s Classic Thermal Underwear
- 1.7 Looking after the Body for Winter
- 1.8 Monster Energy Zero Ultra
- 1.9 Omega J8006HDS Nutrition Center
- 1.10 Breville BJE200XL
- 1.11 Questions And Answers
How to Prevent Cold and Flu Naturally
I am a very keen cyclist now living in Switzerland, and as such when the winter arrives it is far more difficult to avoid those winter colds when I get out on the bike than it is in the UK.
Although many types of viruses can cause a common cold, rhinoviruses are the most common culprit. A cold virus enters your body through your mouth, eyes or nose. The virus can spread through droplets in the air when someone who is sick coughs, sneezes or talks.
I am not one who worries about the rain, and wind. I enjoy whatever the pleasure for any time of year. Snow and black ice is a different matter, apart from that, I am out in all weathers as much as possible.
I have an Indoor cycle trainer, but as many will know, it is not much fun on an indoor trainer.
I, therefore, like to keep fit and healthy throughout the winter months and try to avoid those winter colds that seem to crop up on a monthly basis when the weather starts to change for the worse.
There is nothing worse than a runny nose, chesty cough, and a sore throat, especially when I want to be able to train throughout the winter months. I like to cycle to work and get out as much fresh air as possible by being out on the bike.
If I suffer from colds and flu I will have very little chance of enjoying the winter months, as any type of illness affects the immune system, and in turn, pulls you down from a feeling of health to that feeling of “I don’t want to do anything today”.
Havasu Nutrition Elderberry Gummies
Avoid Winter Colds
Winter colds are a common thing. Most people fail to wrap up properly when out cycling or wear the wrong clothing that either lets the wind and rain onto the chest or causes the clothing on the inner layers to get wet and allows the air to get in which makes the wet clothing cold and uncomfortable, causing all sorts of problems.
Trying to stay dry and comfortable is easy if you wear the right clothes, which in turn will keep out the winter colds and flu.
Being a cyclist I am keen to get out no matter what the conditions are outside. It is therefore essential that I know a little bit about what to wear and how to keep the cold at bay.
Fitness Tracker With Blood Pressure HR Monitor
- [ Not just about Your Fitness, Also about You ] Just imagine the Fitness wristband as an electronic finger on the pulse, constantly measuring your vitals, heart pressure, heart rate, quality of sleep, step count and more. And also serves as your personal heath secretary to help you get rid of bad habits for reminding you to move or drink water after a long – time working or gaming. Stay active throughout the day.
- [ Monitor Your Blood Pressure & Your Personal Gym Coach ] Measure blood pressure all the time by adopting the innovative Matter Sensing & Control Technology. Tracks up to 14 exercises like running, riding, basketball, tennis, yoga and dance. Our IP68 Waterproof Fitness Tracker actually tracks running or jogging with accurate metrics about time, distance, calories burned and more.
- [ Clearer Color Screen & 5 Brightness Levels ] Unlike Monochrome ones, this Activity Tracker Watch has a delicate color LCD display with 5 different levels of brightness that enables you to see stats nice and clearly despite of dazzling sun. With its gorgeous design that looks fantastic on your wrist, the tracker watch is perfect for graceful ladies, gentlemen or cool kids.
- [ Easy Charging & Long DurationComes with a built-in USB plug and does not need a charging cable for charging, just gently pull the band off and insert the built-in USB plug into a USB charger to charge. Only 1 to 2 hours charging time shall last you around a week.
Cold Remedy Medicated Fruit Drops
Walking is similar to cycling in that you need to wrap up well to ensure that you have a warm layer of air that is close to the chest, and that the layers of clothing can breathe properly.
Unlike cycling you are not likely to be out for more than an hour, and could be quite close to home should you decide to call it a day.
As long as the hands and feet are well protected you should be able to withstand the cold conditions with three layers of normal clothing when out walking.
Keeping the Germs at bay
Catching a cold in winter is normally because of the hot and cold situations and because people fail to let fresh air into their household.
If you want to get rid of germs from a house you need to open the windows at least twice a day for around 5 minutes to let the bad air out and the fresh air in. Yes, it means getting the house cold, that is essential to get rid of the bugs and germs.
Believe it on not, this is also the best way to conserve energy in the household, as it regulates the temperature much better when the house is flushed through on a daily basis.
Activity Tracker Watch with Heart Rate Monitor
Wearing The Right Clothing
The choice of what clothing you wear in winter is essential if you want to avoid winter colds when you are out and about.
It is all about keeping the body warm, but letting the clothing breath, so as it does not form a layer of sweat on the skin that gets trapped and soaks the layers of clothing.
By wearing three layers of clothing that work with each other you will be able to regulate the body temperature, allow the skin to breathe, and keep sweat to a minimum. This will ensure that the body stays warm, and stops the skin from getting cold from sweat.
- Inner layer – should be light and breathable and allow the skin to breath
- Centre layer – a decent quality sleeved jumper that is breathable and warm
- Outer layer – a good quality jacket that is not to tight and fits well with the other layers
By wearing three layers it allows the body to move and the air to circulate, and allows for sweat to be removed from the skin and out of the inner layer, keeping the skin dry and warm.
Men’s Classic Thermal Underwear
- Make sure you have enough sleep every day. Around 8 hours is the minimum
- Make sure you have enough vitamin C in the body
- Cut down the intake of alcohol during winter
- Try and reduce the number of empty calories like sugar
- Keep your stress levels low. it’s amazing how the body is affected by stress
- Wash your hands regularly to keep the immune system clean
- Wear adequate clothing for winter. Never underestimate the cold
- Take enough vitamin D for the winter months. There is not a lot of sun in winter
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables
- Try taking a garlic supplement or better is to consume garlic with your food on
Looking after the Body for Winter
The body requires a good amount of vitamin D to help to kill colds and flu viruses. Getting this is easy in the summer months as the sun provides lots of UV rays which in turn produce vitamin D to the body.
You do not need to sunbathe to get the vitamins from the sun. Just being outside will allow the sunrays to the body. It is not healthy to sunbathe as this can cause cancer.
This vitamin has a lot of uses
- Acts as an Immune System regulator
- Helps in the absorption and metabolism of calcium which is crucial for healthy bones
- Research has shown it can help the functions of the brain
- Claimed protective properties against Colds and Flu
Drinking the Energy
I have recently purchased an Omega VRT350 Heavy Duty Juicer. I already own a Smoothie machine.
I have to confess and say that the juicing machine is probably the best purchase I have made in the last 10 years, that includes all the phones, computers and other gadgets I have bought.
I have always been keen to look after my health, but like many, I like to indulge in other not so high-quality foods and snacks every so often. To make up for this I looked into the idea of Juicing as a way of getting those 5 a day inside me.
I am not a big fan of chewing carrots and apples all day. By using a juicer I can get all of these benefits in a single glass of high energy juice in a matter of minutes.
Monster Energy Zero Ultra
Health Benefits of a Juicer
- It takes minutes to prepare a quality juice
- All of the days necessary cold and flu-fighting properties are present
- It gets to work on the immune system in less than 20 minutes
- You get your 5 a day in a simple process
- It takes less than 5 minutes to clean the machine
- My Juice Machine has a 10 Year Warranty
- You can also use your juicer for detox and diet benefits
Omega J8006HDS Nutrition Center
- INDUSTRY LEADING 15-YEAR coverage on parts and performance
- LONGER LASTING JUICES – Using a low speed of 80 RPMs results in minimal heat buildup and oxidation promoting healthy enzymes
- BOOST YOUR IMMUNITY – Cold press juicing is one of the most effective ways to easily access nutritious enzymes and antioxidants that boost immunity and enhance overall health.
- HEALTHY AND DELICIOUS JUICES – Extracts the maximum amount of nutrients, vitamins, taste and juice from minimum amounts of celery, carrots, leafy greens and other fruits, vegetables, or wheatgrass.
- NUTRITION CENTER – Turn nuts into nut butter, extrude pasta, grind Coffee and spices, mince herbs and garlic, make baby food and frozen desserts, and whip up soy milk in a flash
- FEATURES – High juice yield with very dry pulp, an automatic pulp-ejection function for continuous juicing, four stabilizing feet, and quiet operation
- HIGHLIGHTS – The adjustable end cap has 5-settings for maximum juice output and extraction. Enjoy continuous juicing. Powerful motor dual-stage juicing system ensures maximum efficiency
- All components included, built in handle
- 110/120 Volt model designed exclusively for use in North America. Coverage valid in North America only.
- When buying, please check whether the product is “Ships from and sold by ” just below the product price to make sure you are receiving this product from the manufacturer of Omega to ensure your product is honored.
This is the number 1 Juicer Machine in the world. It comes in at less than $100. A complete bargain for those who are looking to start a healthy lifestyle.
I bought my juicer after reading the recommendations and checking how long the warranty was for. Yes, you do pay a higher price, but considering how often you use a juicer, and what it actually has to do to provide quality juice,
I think the price is justified. It works out at less than $40 a year for satisfaction guaranteed. I have had it for around 12 months now and can say it is, without doubt, the best piece of equipment I have ever bought.
So far this year I have not had a sniff of a cold, whilst all around me have been under the weather more than once. I cannot recommend them enough.
Excellent Books on Juicing
I bought a couple of juicing books to help guide me on what different types of juices do for the body, and how they can help to fight off colds and flu, as well as other types of illnesses.
They can also show you how to clean and detox the body and keep your colon clean and in good health.
By following a few simple rules on clothing and health you should be able to stay Cold and Flue free all year round, and not just in the winter.
I have looked after myself for many years, but have found the many benefits of Juicing to help me further enjoy the winter months, when many around me suffer from cold sores, and a complete lack of energy.
Avoid those winter colds by following a few simple rules as listed above. To see what other benefits you can get from foods and juices, take a look at the videos on our blog.
Walking is a Great Way to Keep Fit In Winter – You can even do it from home
Questions And Answers
How Can I Protect Myself From The Flu Naturally?
- Stay away from people who are sick with the flu
- Wash your hands often with soap and water
- Try not to touch your nose mouth or eyes
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze – whether or not you have the flu
How Can I Prevent Coughing and Cold?
- You can’t cure colds or the flu but you can relieve the cough and sore throat that sometimes come with them.
- Use cough drops or hard candy
- Try a teaspoon of honey
- Breathe in steam
- Wash your hands often
- Washing your hands for at least 20 seconds can help protect you from getting sick
- Avoid touching your face
- Don’t smoke
- Keep household surfaces clean
- Use paper towels
- Throw tissues away after use