The wearing tight or ill-fitting undergarments and clothing is one of the most common (and easily cured) causes of nipple pain is. But nipple pain is also a problem for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding. In addition, sore nipples can be caused by infection, certain kinds of breast cancer and other conditions
The following are some leading causes of pain in nipples. If you’re experiencing this problem, then make sure you understand the cause in order to find the cure. If the problem persists, contact a doctor.
Breast Therapy Pack
- 2 TYPES OF RELIEF: TheraPearl 3-in-1 Breast Therapy gel packs provide therapeutic relief for common breastfeeding challenges. Cold therapy helps relieve engorgement while hot therapy encourages milk let-down and helps relieve plugged ducts & mastitis.
- BREAST PUMP AID: It’s the only product of its kind designed to work with a breast pump to encourage let-down and reduce time spent pumping. Follow instructions to heat the packs, insert in covers & easily snap onto breast pump flanges.
- SOOTHING & SAFE: Doctor designed, Lactation Consultant recommended. Soft, flexible design conforms to the breast and each pack comes with a soft cover to gently warm the skin & breast. Microwave safe and BPA, BPS free.
- HELP WHEN YOU NEED IT: We understand that sometimes breastfeeding moms need a little help. That’s why we provide a range of products from soothing lanolin to breastfeeding pumps & nursing accessories.
- MOM FOUNDED & PARENT LED: Founded by a breastfeeding mom, Lansinoh has supported moms for 35 years with award winning breast pumps, nipple creams, nursing pads, and breast milk storage bags, helping families create bonds that last a lifetime.
Your clothing might be doing it
Pregnancy can be a cause too
Wrong latching on during breastfeeding
It could be an infection
It could be cancer
Pulse Oximeter Fingertip
- ACCURATE AND RELIABLE – Consistently beat other pulse oximeter in terms of accuracy and reliability during clinical tests.
- BAR GRAPH – The function of our pulse oximeter include the simple bar graph. It tells you that the device is able to take your SpO2 and Pulse Rate.
- SPORT ENTHUSIASTS – Suitable for mountain climbers, skiers, bikers, aviators or anyone interested in measuring their SpO2 and pulse rate while on the move. You should only use the pulse ox before or after your exercise. Also, you must remain stationary while the pulse oximeter measure your pulse rate and SpO2 levels.
- CONVENIENCE – Quickly determine your SpO2 ( blood oxygen saturation levels) and pulse rate (PR) readings, and display it conveniently on a large digital LED display. Oxygen meter comes with a lanyard, bring to the gym, office, or on vacation.
- READY TO USE OUT OF THE BOX – Include 2X AAA Batteries and a Lanyard for convenience.
Friction due to exercise
Recent sexual activity
- The Raynaud’s syndrome – Poor blood circulation is the main reason for Raynaud’s syndrome. This pain occurs when the nipples feel cold air.
- Some hormonal changes – Changes in estrogen can lead to pain in the nipple area.
- Paget’s disease – It’s a rare disease. Seek medical advice if symptoms occur.
- Teething of the child – Your child might be teething the breasts during breastfeeding. This leads to such pain too.
- Less moisture – Change breastfeeding technique and use moisturizers to cure this issue. Dryness is another cause of pain in the nipple area.
- Blocking of ducts and inflammation – Bad techniques of breastfeeding lead to a blocked duct. You should seek medical advice.
- It can be mastitis – Poor draining of milk causes mastitis. You can treat it with self-help or antibiotics treatment.
- Another disease, breast abscess – It is related to mastitis. It occurs when pus collects in the breast leading to a great amount of pain. Redness, swelling, and heat are the main symptoms.
- Thrush or candidiasis – It’s a cause of breast pain during the time of breastfeeding. The cause of Thrush is candida yeast. Your baby could show its symptoms as well.
- Pain because of a milk blister – The pain because of milk blister is severely high. It is also called white spot. The pain is usually sharp and specific. When skin grows over the milk ducts of the nipples, it leads to trapping of the milk. This leads to the incredible pain.
- Eczema of nipples – It’s a rare cause but still, it’s significant. It leads to soreness and a burning sensation in the nipple. You should avoid allergens and moisturizers.
- Contact dermatitis is another cause – A burning sensation accompanied by dryness is a symptom of contact dermatitis. You should wash your breast by using water and avoid any other triggering lotions or creams.
- Pain due to Vasospasm – Sudden changing of the nipple’s color from white to red is a clear indicator of vasospasm. Your baby’s wrong method of nipple suction is the main reason here.