DJI Mavic 2 Pro Review of the Drone Quadcopter
DJI has introduced two new drones, which are the most advanced devices ever from the company and the industry in general.
They are the most powerful, but still an improvement of the original Mavic line. You will have to read about what separates their features before you notice it in real action.
After several tests, you can now learn the differences between this latest version and earlier designs before you make the purchase.
DJI’s commitment to bring the latest version of the drone to the customers is welcomed with appreciation to both casual and professional shooters.
Advantages and disadvantages
The new DJI Mavic Pro Drone comes with advanced cameras and extra sensors. They maintain high-quality real-time pictures and can fly more aggressively without losing control.
Thanks to the improvements, these gadgets are more durable too.
The battery life has also been improved hence it can take you longer in your tasks with 2 more minutes of shooting time.
It is also rugged enough to withstand scratches and bumps once in a while. Although it can take minor shocks, it would not be wise to try it out, but thanks to the sensors, there is little impact expected.
It can avoid obstacles automatically while air-borne. On the downside, however, the Mavic 2 Pro is more expensive, yet it only brings minor improvements, which can be ignored by most of the users.
For example, the additional speed limit and air-bone time is not a significant change to warrant ditching your old version for the latest one.
Unless there is a serious improvement to the quadcopter, you would rather retain your previous version, the Mavic zoom.
Table of Contents
DJI Mavic 2 Pro – Drone Quadcopter UAV with Hasselblad Camera
- Equipped with a Hasselblad L1D-20c camera with a 20MP 1” CMOS Sensor, the Mavic 2 camera drone lets you capture gorgeous aerial shots in stunning color detail.
- Up to 31 minutes flight time, 44 mph max speed, 907G takeoff weight, 3-axis gimbal for steady shots, 8GB internal storage, SD card Support up to 128 GB
- Functions include ActiveTrack 2. 0, Omnidirectional Obstacle Sensing, Hyperlapse, Low-Noise Design, Adjustable Aperture, HDR Photos
- The standard remote controller offers up to 135 minutes of battery life on a full charge. Use with the DJI GO 4 App on your smartphone.
- DJI GO 4 App requires iOS 10.0.2, Android 5.0 or above. Compatible devices include: iPhone 11 Pro Max, 11 Pro, 11, XS Max, XS, XR, X, 8 Plus, 8, 7 Plus, 7, 6s Plus, 6s, 6 Plus, 6, SE, iPad Pro, iPad, Air 2, mini 4. Samsung Galaxy S10+, S10, S9+, S9, S8+, S7, S7 Edge, S6, S6 Edge, Note 8, Huawei P30 Pro, P30, P20 Pro, P20, P10 Plus, P10, Mate 10 Pro, Mate 10, Mate 9 Pro, Mate 9, Mate 8, Honor 8X, 10, 9, 20 Pro, Magic 2, Vivo X20, X9, NEX, X27, X21, X20A, Oppo Find X, R15, R11, Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S, 2, 8, 6, Redmi Note 5, OnePlus 7, 6T, 5, Pixel 3 XL, 2 XL, 2, Google Pixel 2XL, OnePlus 6, 5T.
- What you get: DJI Mavic 2 Pro, Intelligent Flight Battery, Gimbal Protector, Remote Controller, 3x Propellers (Pair), Battery Charger, Power Cable, Communication Cable (USB3. 0 Type-C), USB adapter, Spare Control Sticks (Pair), RC Cable (Lightning Connector), RC Cable (Standard Micro USB Connector), RC Cable (USB Type-C Connector)
Apart from the cameras, the new DJI Mavic 2 Pro introduces several features, which make it an effective drone.
For example, the raw flight specs have been improved immensely and seemed to be a focus of the engineers as well.
They can, therefore, stay air-bone longer and fly faster than all their predecessors. This is what customers want to help shoot longer videos.
In the future, there is hope that the technology will be advanced to make even longer trips.
This version has a slight improvement of 2 more minutes and 4 more miles per hour. Nevertheless, it comes with better sensing ability.
We all want amazing features on drones to improve our shooting and DJI is committed to providing customers with the latest possible innovations.
For this reason, the software involved in the new Mavic 2 Pro improves precision. This transmission technology can allow you to see what the drone is viewing not only in real time but also in high quality.
It comes with an environmental sensing system to sense-and-avoid obstacles. There are 10 sensors for omnidirectional activity in front and back, top and bottom, and right and left.
One of the biggest benefits of the latest release in DJI’s series of drones is the environmental sensing system.
With 10 sensors to keep, the drone stays smart while airborne by sensing and avoiding obstacles such as trees.
This improvement is unequaled by previous versions. The new cameras introduced are the Hasselblad, which comes with a CMOS sensor and customizable aperture, alongside a smaller sensor zooming up to 48mm. The specs of the DJI Mavic 2 make it an evolutionary rather than a revolutionary device.
The design and build quality are a pride to the brand. This is undeniably the sturdiest development of drone technology in our time.
Although there is not much difference when it comes to form. There are minor and noticeable improvements as well. With extra sensors and a slightly larger device, the Mavic 2 Pro is already selling fast.
The battery life and recharge has been boosted to 31 minutes in optimal conditions, which is an improvement from the previous maximum of 29 minutes.
It is also faster than the original by up to 7 miles per hour, which is equivalent to 25kph, but who wants the speed anyway?
- Weight: 907g
- Onboard storage: 8GB
- Max Flight Time: 31 minutes
- Lens: 28 mm equivalent, f/2.8–f/11
- Dimensions: 322 mm × 242 mm × 84 mm
- Camera sensor: 1-inch, 20-megapixel CMOS
Most customers love the new version because of piloting control. The new Mavic 2 Pro is not known to drift or lose control, which was a common problem with the predecessors.
More importantly, customers expressed their delight in the ability to fly the drone with more vigor and confidence without fear of slipperiness.
It is undoubtedly bottled to the sky. Although the improvement in time hovering in the sky is only a slight improvement, other features such as extra sensors to keep it safe from obstacles is a welcome to many shooters.
DJI Mavic Air 2
- Up Your Game: The Mavic Air 2 camera drone takes power and portability to the next level. It combines a powerful camera with intelligent shooting modes for stunning results. Push your imagination to its limits because aerial photography has never been this easy.
- Next-Level Content: Capture impressive 48MP photos with a 1/2-inch CMOS sensor while the 3-axis gimbal provides 4K/60fps video. The secret to incredible HDR video is a high-performance Quad Bayer image sensor. OcuSync 2.0 has a video transmission distance of up to 6.2mi / 10 km and can also deliver 1080p FHD resolution livestream directly from the drone’s camera.
- Improved Flight: An impressive flight time of up to 34 minutes allows you to pull off epic, fast-paced shots. Obstacle sensing in three directions makes it extra convenient for beginners and improves safety for your Mavic Air 2.
- Intelligent Tracking: Mavic Air 2 features intuitive shooting functions that make aerial photography easier than ever. Spotlight 2.0 keeps the camera locked on a subject while you fly freely. ActiveTrack 3.0 keeps subjects centered. POI 3.0 tracks moving subjects like people and vehicles.
- App Compatibility: The DJI Fly app requires iOS v10.0, Android v6.0, or above. Compatible devices include: iPhone (11 Pro Max, 11 Pro, 11, XS Max, XS, XR, X, 8 Plus, 8, 7 Plus, 7, 6s Plus, 6s, 6 Plus, 6), iPad Pro (9.7’’), iPad Air 2 (9.7’’), iPad mini 4 (8’’), iPad Pro (10.5’’), iPad Pro 2018 11’’, iPad Pro 12.9’’, Samsung Galaxy (S20, S10+, S10, S9+, S9, S8+, S8, S7 edge, S7, S6, Note10+, Note9, Note8), Huawei (P30 Pro, P30, P20, P10, Mate 30 Pro, Mate 20 Pro, Mate 10, nova 5, nova 4, nova 3e, nova 2, Honor 8X, 10, 9, 20 Pro, Magic 2, Mi 8, MIX 2S, MIX 2, Redmi Note 5, Oppo Find X, R15, Vivo NEX, X27, X21, X20A, OnePlus 7, 6T, 5, Pixel 3 XL, 2 XL, 2, LG V20, LG G6, Sony Xpeial 1.
- What You Get: Mavic Air 2 Aircraft, Remote Controller, Intelligent Flight Battery, 3x Low-Noise Propellers (Pair), RC Cables (USB Type-C, Lightning, Standard Micro-USB), Control Stick, Gimbal Protector, Battery Charger, Manuals, AC Power Cable, Type-C Cable.
DJI Mavic 2 Pro Drone Quadcopter with Fly More Combo
- Sold By DJI Authorized Dealer. Comes Free SanDisk 128GB Micro SD, Smatree Water Waterproof Hard Carrying Case, 75cm(30-inch) Landing Pad, Signal Booster, USB 3.0 Card Reader
- 3 x DJI Mavic Pro 2 Batteries in Total, DJI Mavic 2 Pro Fly More Kit, PGYTECH ND Filter and Pad Holder
- Mavic Pro 2 Up to 31 Minutes Flight Time, 44 mph Max Speed, 2 lbs Takeoff Weight, 3-Axis Gimbal for Steady Shots, 8GB Internal Storage, SD card Support Up to 128GB
- Mavic Pro 2 Functions Include ActiveTrack 2.0, Omnidirectional Obstacle Sensing, Hyperlapse, Low-Noise Design, Adjustable Aperture, HDR Photos
- Enjoy Live View in Real Time During Flight and Record 4K Videos at Higher Bitrates with Advanced H.265 Compression. Operating Temperature Range: -10°C to 40°C. Input – 100-240 V, 50/60 Hz, 1.8A
Common questions asked
- How long will it last?
As long as you don’t crash it, the Mavic 2 Pro is durable enough to last you a long time. Of course, technology changes each year, so a new model is great for around 2 to 3 years when another upgrade may be needed.
- Can I use it in a crowded place?
The Mavic 2 Pro is designed to sense and avoid obstacles, as long as there are not mischievous people or animals, you can use it confidently. Be aware of the issues regarding airports and privacy with your Mavic Pro. You are responsible for everything that you do with it.
- Where can I buy this gadget?
It is available on Amazon and the official company website for online purchasing and shipping as well. If you can afford it, it is recommended as the best choice at the current time in 2019.
The new DJI Mavic 2 Pro drone is undoubtedly an improvement of birds-eye view technology. It provides users with the latest technology advancements to enjoy new features.
The engineers ensured the brand stays top of the game with the best build quality and durability.
It is a reliable device with brick quality to withstand shocks and scratches. Most importantly, there is little chance of hitting obstacles, thanks to the 10 sensors introduced.
Although not much has changed in terms of form, the general look and feel and of the new version remains the same until you try it out.
It rides with more vigor and confidence and does not lose control.
|Top||DJI Mavic 2 Pro - Drone Quadcopter UAV with Hasselblad Camera 3-Axis Gimbal HDR 4K Video Adjustable Aperture 20MP 1" CMOS Sensor, up to 48mph, Gray||Prime||Buy Now|
|DJI Mavic 2 Pro Drone Quadcopter with Fly More Combo, Hasselblad Camera, 3 Batteries, PGY ND Filters & Pad Holder, 128GB Extreme Micro SD, Landing Pad, Signal Booster, Waterproof Hard Carrying Case||Prime||Buy Now|
|DJI Mavic 2 PRO Drone Quadcopter Fly More Kit Bundle with 3 Batteries, Hard Rugged Carrying Case, ND & Rotating Adjustable Polarizer Filter Set & Must Have Accessories (12 Items)||Prime||Buy Now|
|DJI Mavic 2 Pro (20 MP Hasselblad Camera) with Smart Controller and Fly More Kit Ultimate Bundle (3 Batteries, ND Filters, 128 GB Extreme Card, Charging Hub and More)||Prime||Buy Now|
|DJI Mavic Air 2 - Drone Quadcopter UAV with 48MP Camera 4K Video 8K Hyperlapse 1/2" CMOS Sensor 3-Axis Gimbal 34min Flight Time ActiveTrack 3.0 Ocusync 2.0, Gray||Prime||Buy Now|
|DJI Mavic 2 PRO Drone Quadcopter, with ND, Cpl Lens Filters, Backpack, 64GB SD Card, VR Goggles, with Hasselblad Video Camera Gimbal Bundle Kit with Must Have Accessories||Prime||Buy Now|
|DJI Mavic Pro Platinum with Extra Battery, Flagship 4K Quadcopter Drone with 30 Mins Flight Time, 7 km Range, Obstacle Avoidance and More||Prime||Buy Now|