The benefit of eating high protein fruits and vegetables for breakfast are limitless. They can help you lose weight, can boost your cognitive abilities, and even help you regulate your blood sugar and cholesterol levels!
If you’re familiar with what protein does, then you should know that there are countless of reasons as to why making sure you get enough protein throughout the day is important.
THE MOST IMPORTANT MEAL OF THE DAY
Is breakfast really the most important meal of the day? This article from Psychology Today sums up the most recent findings of the value of breakfast. These two facts were extracted from this survey, which had included varied questions about lifestyle, diet, diseases, etc.
- Eating a large breakfast made it less likely for you to be overweight or obese.
- Not skipping breakfast made it more likely for you to maintain a healthy weight.
BENEFITS OF HIGH PROTEIN FRUITS AND VEGETABLES FOR BREAKFAST
Why is it important that you get a good amount of high protein fruits and vegetables for breakfast?
If you’re looking to lose weight or want to maintain the physique that you currently have, then it’s important that you eat foods heavy in protein in the morning. This will help you stave off hunger pangs and cravings throughout the day.
Protein-filled fruits and vegetables can help you suppress your appetite by filling you up with complex sugars that help push away cravings. It just so happens that the earlier you take it, the better, as these types of fruits and vegetables also have a tendency of digesting slowly.
The slow digestion process and the lessening of cravings will keep your body sleek and slim by keeping you away from all the bad foods.
Amino Acids for the Brain:
In order for your brain to stay at peak form, you’re going to have to provide it with a good source of protein. This is true not just for your muscles, but your brain as well!
According to this study by Beltz et al during 1994, the amino acids found in protein are vital in producing neurotransmitters and neuromodulators. That means, that taking protein-filled fruits and veggies in the morning will help boost your mental capabilities throughout the day.
Regulating Blood Sugar and Cholesterol Levels:
There is evidence to prove, that eating a poorly balanced breakfast or skipping it entirely, has led to higher levels of blood sugar and cholesterol.
Adding high protein fruits and vegetables to your diet can help you fix the nutrient balances of your morning meal. This, in turn, will help you normalize your blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
Lean Muscle Mass Production:
The most talked about benefit achieved from a high protein diet in the morning, is its ability to help you gain lean muscle mass. Filling up with the right amino acids will help push the protein synthesis in your body.
This protein is then used for helping repair and rebuild your muscles. Which is perfect if you’re the type to enjoy working out.
- “Is Breakfast the Most Important Meal?” Psychology Today, Sussex Publishers, www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/evidence-based-living/201708/is-breakfast-the-most-important-meal. (Accessed June 1, 2018)
- Kahleova, H, et al. “Meal Frequency and Timing Are Associated with Changes in Body Mass Index in Adventist Health Study 2.” Advances in Pediatrics., U.S. National Library of Medicine, Sept. 2017, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28701389. (Accessed June 1, 2018)
- Institute of Medicine (US) Committee on Military Nutrition Research. “Amino Acid and Protein Requirements: Cognitive Performance, Stress, and Brain Function.” The Role of Protein and Amino Acids in Sustaining and Enhancing Performance., U.S. National Library of Medicine, 1 Jan. 1999, www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK224629/. (Accessed June 1, 2018)